With 18 years of experience as a graphic designer, 14 creating graphics for litigation, Adam is an accomplished visual storyteller who is adept at explaining complex ideas through a careful combination of words and images. Before joining Litigation Insights, he worked for several years as a user-interface designer, which strengthened his abilities to logically and clearly explain difficult concepts and processes to jurors.
As our Director of Production, Adam oversees and helps design and plan a wide variety of concepts with his design team and animators. Adam works directly with trial teams to identify communication challenges and create compelling visual presentations that convey the necessary messages, while matching the team’s presentational style and budget. His experience in thematically communicating case themes has proven effective in front of juries, judges and arbitrators in diverse venues around the country.
- Visual storytelling, design and illustration at the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art
- B.A., Philosophy and German, Grinnell College
- Albert Ludwigs Universitaet, Freiburg im Bresigau, Germany
- Art Students League of New York, NY
Articles & Presentation
- Bloomberg, A. & Wirtzfeld, A.W. (2015). Multigenerational Jurors’ Attitudes and Effective Storytelling through Trial Graphics. CLE Presentation for Fredrikson & Byron, PA, Minneapolis, MN.
- Wirtzfeld, A.W. (2014). Trial Graphics and the New Widescreen Format in PowerPoint: A Review. Insights.
- Wirtzfeld, A.W. (2013). Effective Use of Timelines in the Courtroom. Minnesota Association For Justice Wrongful Death Seminar
- Wirtzfeld, A.W. (2012). Demonstrative exhibits today: Developing and exceeding your communication strategy. Presentation for Larson King.
- Wirtzfeld, A.W. (2012). Using Microsoft Office’s Clipboard Tool within PowerPoint: Moving Slides from Presentation to Presentation with Ease. Insights.
- Wirtzfeld, A.W. & Featherly, R. (2011). PowerPoint 101: An interactive workshop. Presented at International Association of Defense Counsel Midyear Meeting.
- Wirtzfeld, A.W. (2011). Effective use of presentations in trial: Basic rules – People (even judges and GCs) think in pictures. Presentation for Stoel Rives.
Meet Adam Wirtzfield of Litigation Insights
Defending Premise Liability Cases with Surveillance Footage
What Are the Best Characteristics of a Great Trial Graphics Artist?
Combating Negative Juror Attitudes Toward Insurers with Effective Visuals