Harvesters’ mission is “to feed hungry people today and work to end hunger tomorrow.” A regional food bank serving a 26-county area of northwestern Missouri and northeastern Kansas, Harvesters provides food and essential household products to more than 620 not-for-profit agencies, including emergency food pantries, community kitchens, homeless shelters, and children’s homes. With the dedication of its staff and volunteers, Harvesters is able to feed 141,500 people every month.
After the Harvest is an organization that rescues nutritious fruits and vegetables from going to waste and donates them to agencies that serve hungry people, primarily in Greater Kansas City. Volunteers go out “after the harvest” – picking what’s left in farmers’ fields as well as any produce left over from harvest.
The Salvation Army makes the holidays brighter for tens of thousands of people in Kansas City, by providing Christmas toys, gifts, and holiday food baskets for families in need. Litigation Insights team members had fun shopping for several families this year, picking out toys and clothes for the kids and purchasing grocery store gift cards for the parents.
Located in Downtown Minneapolis, People Serving People is the region’s largest and most comprehensive family-focused homeless shelter. Their mission is to “help homeless and at-risk children and their families manage crisis situations and build a strong foundation for their long-term success.” Our Minneapolis Visual Communications team was more than happy to lend a hand, helping the organization serve meals to the many charming families.
We also supported the following causes in 2017:
- Meds & Food for Kids is dedicated to saving the lives of Haiti’s malnourished children and other nutritionally vulnerable people. https://mfkhaiti.org/
- A Beyond Borders project, Schools Not Slavery for Haitian Children came to our attention through our founding partner, Dr. Pete Rowland, who visited Haiti in 2013 and saw firsthand the positive impact of this remarkable organization. Support for this cause helps families find and free children trapped in slavery, bring them home, and enroll them in school. Schools Not Slavery helps create local schools and a number of self-sustaining educational opportunities, making it possible for dozens of families avoid this brutal cycle of abuse toward young children from Haiti’s poorest rural villages. https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/schools-not-slavery-2016/
- Seven Days® is a challenge for young and old to embrace diversity across race, religion, and culture. Following the April 13, 2014 tragedy at the Jewish Community Campus and Village Shalom in Overland Park, Kansas, a group of caring individuals decided that we, as a community, have the power to outshine and overcome such senseless acts of hate. http://givesevendays.org/
- Undies for Everyone (UFE) collects and distributes underwear year-round. Litigation Insights assisted as UFE collected underwear during the Hurricane Harvey & Maria relief efforts in 2017. https://www.undiesforeveryone.org/harvey-relief
- Briarwood Elementary. Litigation Insights was a sponsor of the 4th annual Briarwood Elementary Fun Run in Olathe, KS. This school fundraising event promotes children’s education and wellness, and the funds raised assist with school supplies and field trips.
- Hotel Toiletry Donations. We make a continuous effort to collect and donate unused hotel toiletries from our many travels. This year we’ve donated them to Ronald McDonald House and to Hurricane Harvey victims in Houston, TX.
Litigation Insights is so thankful to be in a position that allows us to help these organizations assist and strengthen the communities they serve. Please feel free to check out our other recent blog for additional information on the benefits of giving back as a company.
We wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!