Keith is a Senior Consultant with 17 years of litigation consulting experience. He has worked on numerous complex, high-exposure cases, including antitrust, patent, trade secret, contract, whistleblower, employment, professional malpractice, product liability, and securities litigation. An expert in the fields of communication and storytelling, his practice area covers a variety of industries in venues across the country. Keith is adept at helping clients identify and develop compelling case themes and presentation strategies, providing quantitative and qualitative analysis through focus groups and mock trials and assisting attorneys with witness preparation, voir dire, and jury selection.
Prior to becoming a full-time jury consultant, Keith spent seven years in academia. During this period, he began working in a consultative nature with clients facing high-stakes litigation, assisting with case strategy, theme development, and effective delivery – and even developing a system for teaching attorneys how to use storytelling techniques to enhance their persuasive arsenal. He now puts these finely honed skills to work as a valuable part of the Litigation Insights team.
- Ph.D., Communication Studies, Southern Illinois University
- M.S., Communication Studies, Southern Illinois University
- B.A., English & Communication, Southwestern University
Articles & Presentations
- Pounds, K. (2020). The COVID-19 Courtroom: Changes in Juror Attitudes and Trial Presentation Strategies. Invited Speaker. Presented for Young Lawyers Section of the Idaho State Bar, Boise, ID
- Pounds, K. (2019). The Polarization of the American Jury. Invited Speaker. Presented to Law Department, Corporation Counsel for the City of Chicago, Chicago, IL.
- Pounds, K. (2019). Juries and The Growing Mistrust of Science. Invited Speaker. Presented to Law Department, Corporation Counsel for the City of Chicago, Chicago, IL.
- Pounds, K. (2018). Strategic Uses of Jury Research and Trial Consultants for Courtroom Success. Invited Speaker. Presented for State of Idaho, Risk Management Program Civil Litigation Conference, Boise, ID.
- Pounds, K. (2017). Jury Selection Techniques and the Use of Jury Focus Groups. Invited Speaker. Presented by the ISBA Labor & Employment Law Section, Chicago, IL
- Pounds, K. (2012). An Insider’s View of Damages Experts in Patent Cases. Invited Speaker. Charles River Associates, Chicago, IL
- Pounds, K., & Minick, B. (2010). Storytelling in Legal Arguments. For the Defense: Defense Research Institute: 10-14.
- Pounds, K. (2006). Speaking the Beyond: Loss and the Recuperative Grace of Voice. Text and Performance Quarterly 26: 309-312.
- Pounds, K. (2005). On Performative Writing: Recognition. Liminalities: A Journal of Performance Studies, 1.
- Pounds, K. (1999). Book Review, Susan Broadhurst, Liminal Acts: A Critical Overview of Contemporary Performance and Theory. Text and Performance Quarterly 21: 222-224.